How To Do Homework Every Day – Helpful Guidelines
Doing homework every day may not sound much like fun but if you can get into a good routine then you will find that doing a bit everyday helps lessen the load.
Where do you do your homework?
Do you come home from school and try to do homework in front of the television or do it at the kitchen table?
- Decide where you feel most comfortable doing your work. For some people 30 minutes working with no distractions is worth 2 hours trying to work with other people around.
- Target and set aside a place where you can work on a daily basis. Some people work well with a bit of low level background noise such as in a library. Try to replicate this at home.
- Make sure that you are comfortable, but not too comfortable like sitting on a sofa. Collect all the tools that you need to complete your work. Train your family that you should not be disturbed when you are working.
Planning your time.
At the beginning of every academic year schools plan how much time will be devoted to homework for each subject.
- Keep a diary of the homework that you need to complete and when it needs to be handed in to your tutor. This will give you a better edge that just doing your homework the night before it has to be submitted.
- When you have been given work to complete take the time to do some planning. Work out what you need to research, collect and write. Time spent planning is a skill that you need to develop especially as you progress to college.
- Do your work at the same time every day. That way you will free up more time to spend on hobbies and being with friends. If you have no work to do one evening then use the time to get ahead of the next lesson. Do relevant internet searches.
Try out these guidelines and adapt them to your own circumstances. You will find that being responsible for your own time management will allow you greater flexibility and free time that will reflect in your ability to learn and progress.
Additionally if you come across a problem with your homework then you will be able to access the help and support of your tutor in good time before the work needs to be handed in for marking.